We walk about 2km from Old Hartley Car Park to St Mary's Lighthouse and details of where we are to meet will be emailed to you after you have booked your place. Booking Online is mandatory and can be done so below. If you are unable to use our online booking system for any reason, please message me directly. This walk is along the beautiful coastal path and we will be stopping lots of times to capture image of the sea, the rocks and St Mary's Lighthouse and island - depending if the tide is in or out will determine what we do.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU:
1. Your camera - that is ESSENTIAL - whatever you are familiar using. I am not a camera technician so please have a good understanding of all the functions, or at least an idea of how to use your camera.
2. Snacks and drinks, and any medication such as inhalers or epipens.
3. Walking clothes and sturdy walking shoes
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT ON THE WALK:
1. Chat, conversation and a friendly and safe environment to walk with other photography enthusiasts who are looking to share ideas and learn new things. It doesn't matter what level you are at.
2. To enjoy yourself and learn some new skills to improve your photography and hopefully get you out of 100% manual.
The walk will be along gravel pathways so you will require good walking shoes and be aware that pathways can be uneven and slippy. I would recommend you have a purpose designed camera bag to keep your equipment safe, ad wear clothing that will enable you to sit or kneel, if you are able. Sometimes the ground can be wet and muddy if we've had a lot of rain. I will only cancel the event if it is pouring with rain, or we have had a deluge and the pathways are too slippy. Click this link to read our Risk Assessment.
The walk will be around 2.5 hours duration, although we will be stopping quite a bit on our route. It will only be about 2-3km of actual walking. There are no toilets on the walk, or places to purchase refreshments, so please plan ahead! Bring bottled water to keep hydrated, and if you have any allergies, please advise me and bring with you your inhaler or epi-pen. I am a qualified First Aider, so can offer immediate assistance, but we will not be near a hospital for emergency care.
I do have Public Liability Insurance, but please note that you are responsible for your own safety and equipment on this walk, but I will do all I can to make sure it is fun, educational and safe!
If you are a no-show on the day it will incur 100% loss of the total booking fee or £8.
If you advise me you cannot attend within 48 hours of the booking, I will transfer you to a new date.
No refunds are given once booking confirmed unless I cancel the event for a personal reason.
If I have to cancel due to awful (eg. storms/torrential rain) weather, then I will move the session to a new date.